BAREBRUSH Services for Artists, Collectors & Dealers
Buying and Selling the Art, Membership, more...
- Membership is always free.
- Members see the N*des-of-the-Month and other calendars in previews.
- There are no mandatory subscription fees charged to maintain membership.
- Barebrush buys national press release services.
- Barebrush publicizes members art in the Art Log and in the Barebrush News & Events Blog
- Members receive the BAREBRUSH BLAST, the monthly newsletter (the only general mailing).
- Barebrush does NOT sell, share or give away members' information.
- Only members can upload art to barebrush.
- Barebrush buys print advertising.
- Barebrush Gallery Shops sell art directly on the Barebrush.com website.
- Barebrush Featured Artists are proven art professionals with a long-term relationship with Barebrush.com.
- Barebrush provides agency services to connect artists with art buyers.
- Buyer’s payment is held by Barebrush.com pending delivery of the art or merchandise.
- Selling artists will ship via trackable carrier wherever possible.
- Any questions, please contact Barebrush for further information.
- Barebrush Gallery Shows are invitational to Barebrush artists only.
- Only artwork which appears in one or more of the Barebrush calendars and has not previously appear in a Barebrush gallery show is eligible.
- The artists decide which of their eligible calendar artworks to show.
- There is NO jury of selection since all an artist's eligible art has already appeared on the Barebrush website in one or more Barebrush calendars.
- Call for Entries: Falling in Love with N*des++, October 2013
- Link to Event: My N*de Valentine, February 2011
Display of Art
- All art uploaded to barebrush is displayed in the Art Log, first as new art and then at renewal
- The most recent uploads are displayed on the front page of Barebrush.com.
- When art is first uploaded to Barebrush, it is in a temporary gallery, visible only to the artist and to the Barebrush administrative system. After the desciptive details are entered, the art is viewed (by a real human!) and then “moved” to the production system.
- The “move to prod” moves the art to the artist’s public gallery, posts the art to the Art Log and sends an email to the artist with a thumbnail of each image and the Art Log entry.
- Art is on display in the Artist’'s gallery until it is dropped.
- All Art in Barebrush calendars becomes a permanant part of the history of Barebrush and remains on display and in the Barebrush calendar archives.
Online Exhibitions—N*des-of-the-Month, PhotoArt N*des-of-the-Month, Best-of-the-Rest
Barebrush helps artists get recognition for their art through online calendars. Selection in a Barebrush calendar is prerequisite to participation in any Barebrush gallery show. To insure that artists keep their work on the Barebrush website fresh and interesting to the public, art is selected for the calendars by Barebrush founder and CEO, Ilene Skeen. Barebrush has developed a cadre of guest curators who serve as jurors of awards. Each month, as single guest curator selects the nominees for the Curators' Choice awards and the cadre of Barebrush curators has the opportunity to view and vote on the nominees. Since November of 2011, Barebrush has run three calendars per month. Selection into a Barebrush calendar is a true win. For the most current info on the next curation deadline, see the call page.
- Win calendar entry -- Barebrush calendars — the archives of Barebrush, win 2 free listing points.
- Win “Your Day” -- Your art on the front page of barebrush on your calendar day.
- Curators’ Choice -- win 8 more free listing points, eligibility for even more points based on the Curators' Choice poll.
- N*de-of-the-Month Curators’ Choice 1st, 2nd, 3rd: win 65, 30 and 16 listing points, respectively.
- Photo Art N*de Curators’ Choice 1st wins 16 listing points.
- Best-of-the-Rest Curators’ Choice 1st wins 16 listing points.
- Win N*de-of-the-Month: win your art on Barebrush front page for a month
- Win Featured Artist eligibility. Sample calendar
- Featured Artists earn the right to sell art on Barebrush.com.
Barebrush helps artist get recognition for their art. How-to hints on telling people about your art
Eligibility: Artists whose work has appeared in 6 or more calendars are eligible to become Featured Artists.
- Artist's statement, bio and headshot, included
- Calendar wins, thumbnails, dates and links to calendars and detail pages, included
- Link to and from the Artist's Gallery, included
- Featured Artists appear with headshot and link at the top of the list of Artists, included
- Link to artist's personal or dealer's website, included
- Sell original art, prints (limited or unlimited editions), hand-colored prints, art books, merchandise.
Your personal Featured Artist page shows your photo, bio and/or artist statement and more.
Cost: 30 listing points or $25 per year.
Important note: Barebrush Featured Artists must have at least one (1) image in their active gallery for their Featured Artist page to display.The reason for this is that from a viewer/collector point of view, it does not make sense to “feature” an artist who has no current artwork. If the artist has no current artwork in the active gallery, the Featured Artist page will NOT appear.
News & Events Blog
- Barebrush.com publishes notices of art shows and events by active members.
- To be accepted, text must be accompanied by an image representing art of the N*de.
- Do not send image files without text files, even if text is embedded in the image.
- Barebrush.com accepts display or text advertising on the main site page and also on pages throughout the site, both direct and through Google.
- Direct advertisers may also sponsor a calendar or calendar prize. Call or write for details.
- Barebrush welcomes payments through PayPal. In our experience, PayPal has proved to be fast, and secure. PayPal does not charge a fee to the buyer and the fee to the seller is very reasonable.PayPal is active world-wide. In many countries, the buyer does not need a PayPal account but can process a purchase using a major credit card (Visa, MC, Amex, Discover, etc.) or an e-check. When the buyer uses PayPal for barebrush, listings are credited immediately to the member's barebrush account and art can be uploaded accordingly. Barebrush reserves the right to recind the listings and remove the art if PayPal notifies barebrush that the transaction has been cancelled or refused.
- Payment by check or money order accepted. Please write your user name or email address on the check, so that you may contacted when the payment is processed. Please do not send cash, as we cannot be responsible for cash sent through the mail.
- Make checks payable to Ilene Skeen. Send payment to:
ILS Designs, LLC
372 Fifth Avenue, Suite 7D
New York, NY 10018
- Please allow up to 5 days for mail & processing. You will be notified when payment is received and your listing points have been entered into your account. At that time, you will be able to upload your art. Art cannot be uploaded without balance of listing points in your account.
- If you are sending a check, also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know it's coming.
- If you have any questions about these options, or you would like to discuss your featured artist page, please feel free to write or call. If you call and get voice mail, leave a message and callback number.
The phone number is: 917-806-7992.
Thank you for your interest in barebrush.com.